2022 CSA Scholarship Fund: Feed 2 Birds Initiative
Partner with us to make local and organic produce accessible to low-income people in our community!
Your donation will support HGP's training and employment programs AND provides fresh organic produce to community members who need it the most. Feed 2 Birds is in partnership with ten non-profit agencies providing over 7,000 pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables to our neighbors facing challenges such as domestic violence, illness, low-income children and foster youth transitioning to adulthood.
"We are so grateful for the Homeless Garden Project’s contribution of beautiful fresh flowers which get delivered weekly to our patients and families! Especially during the challenges of this past year we were especially happy to bring a smile to the faces of our patients with these wonderful bouquets! Thank you HGP!!"
--Forbes Ellis, Director of Volunteer Services at Hospice of Santa Cruz County
Here’s how it works:
- We all contribute to the Scholarship Fund.
- Homeless Garden Project volunteers, trainees, staff and community partners pick the fruits and vegetables.
- Boxes of produce are shared with children, families and seniors via ten local nonprofits.
- Our community is stronger, healthier and more connected!
2022 partnerships will be announced soon.
Past partnerships include:
- Branciforte Small Schools Campus/Costanoa High School
- Homeless Persons Health Project
- Davenport Resource Center
- HUD VASH (Housing and Urban Development Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing)
- Transition Age Youth (TAY)
- River Street Shelter
- Hospice of Santa Cruz County
- Monarch Services
- Pajaro Valley Loaves and Fishes
Donations to the CSA Fund are fully tax-deductible