Join our 2018 CSA
2018 Community Supported Agriculture
Why not treat your family to 23 weeks of delicious, nutritious and organic produce?
You will receive / pick a weekly basket of organic vegetables, flowers, herbs and fruit grown by trainees, staff and volunteers at the Homeless Garden Project organic farm. Harvest season runs from late May through the end of October.
You can help the Homeless Garden Project while helping yourself to delicious, organically grown vegetables, fruits, herbs and flowers.
Please call 831.426-3609 x 12 for more information
Choose from You-Pick CSA Share, Pick-up CSA Share or
Support our Feed 2 Birds program
How Does it work?
- Buy one or more shares and connect more deeply with the food you eat
- This share is sized for small families or individuals
- Great for kids of any age
- Attend a one-time orientation
- Shares are harvested by you at our Natural Bridges Farm each week on Fridays from Noon-6 pm or Saturdays 10 am-3 pm
- Each share will feed approximately 4 adults and includes a bouquet of flowers
- Shares are harvested by Homeless Garden Project trainees, staff and volunteers
- Pick-up on Friday, from 2:30-6pm at our Natural Bridges Farm
Good for You:
- Eat the freshest of organic foods
- Introduce your family to new vegetables and new ways of cooking
- Frequent the farm where your food is grown
- Kids favor food from "their" farm
- Learn more about how food is grown
Good for the Project and our trainees:
- Get to spend time marketing the food early in the year, so we can focus on growing and training later.
- Receive payment early in the season, which helps with the Project's cash flow
- Have an opportunity to get to know the people who eat the food we grow
Feed 2 Birds
Make a donation of food to low-income families& individuals
How Does it work?
Your donation of $50 or more will not only support Homeless Garden Project's training and transitional employment programs, it will also provide shares of organic produce to members of our community who need it most. Feed 2 Birds is a partnership with agencies such as:
- The Independent Living Program
- Davenport Resource Center
- Santa Cruz AIDS Project
- Women's Crisis Support/Defensa de Mujeres
- River Street Shelter
- bouquets of flowers to Hospice of Santa Cruz County.
Donations to the CSA Fund are fully tax-deductible.