COVID-19 Farm Customer Policies
During the COVID-19 Shelter-In-Place, we are eager to keep our Farm open to continue providing fresh organic produce to our community, but we are taking extensive precautions in our farming practices to mitigate risk of virus transmission. This includes a number of revised policies for customers when coming to the farm during this time:
For All Customers (Farm Stand & CSA) :
• Customers should not come to the farm if they have symptoms of COVID-19 or have had close contact with someone who has had COVID-19
• Only one member from each household should ideally come to reduce crowds and congestion at the farm
• Customers should come wearing their own masks
• Customers must maintain a distance of 6 feet from other individuals at all times
• Customers are encouraged not to use the porta-potty unless absolutely necessary. If they do use it, they must wash their hands before and after use.
• Customers are encouraged to wash and/or cook their produce prior to eating
For CSA U-Pick Customers:
• Customers must clean their hands at an HGP sink or with hand sanitizer provided when arriving at the farm before touching any tools or plants.
• Customers should avoid touching produce that they do not intend to harvest for themselves.
• Customers must use HGP-provided tools for harvesting (that have been sanitized between each use), not any of their own tools from home.
• Customers must place used tools in a designated bucket after harvesting.
• HGP staff may ask you to wait before beginning to harvest if the farm is too crowded when you arrive.