The Homeless Garden Project provides job training, transitional employment and support services to people who are homeless.
HGP's vibrant education and volunteer program for the broad community blends formal, experiential and service-learning. The programs take place in our 3-acre organic farm and related enterprises.
In the soil of our urban farm and garden, people find the tools they need to build a home in the world.
We envision a thriving and inclusive community, workforce, and local food system.
- The capacity of every individual for growth and renewal.
- The joy that comes from growing and sharing healthy food.
- The well-being created by vibrant social and natural ecosystems.
Trainees in the program:
- Take advantage of transitional employment in the safety of a structured environment
- Learn basic life skills required for employment
- Learn a variety of other marketable skills
- Share four hot meals a week with staff, other trainees and volunteers
- Give to the community by growing food for other programs that serve homeless and needy populations
- Grow organic fruit, vegetables and flowers for the SC community through the Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program
- Educate students and other groups who use the garden
- Create value-added products from farm grown materials which are sold at the Women's Organic Flower Enterprise Store
Keep in Touch
Sign up for regular emails about events, programs, special deals in our store, plant sales and more!